Smokey Eye Video Tutorial

Meet Vanja, a biochemistry student with a passion for makeup.

I’ve always admired her talent and creativity. Her makeup always looks professional and flawless, and I’ve yet to learn her secret.

Hope you enjoy this exclusive smokey eye tutorial!

I asked Vanja what her fave makeup was:

Mascara
Covergirl Eyelights for green eyes. It’s actually really good, doesn’t flake, defines and lengthens, and its cheap – for everyday. Benefit Badgal is perfect as a more going-out type of mascara.

Lipgloss
Sexy Mother Pucker in clear by Soap & Glory -  it’s plumping and stays on all day!  I really like the Bourjois lipglosses as well.

Foundation
In the winter I use Vichy Normaderm liquid foundation, and Purminerals 4 in 1 in the summer.  It’s awesome, has SPF, great coverage, and feels really light on.

Blush
By faaaaar Smashbox! I love their bronzers/blushes.

Lipstick
Mac are definitely the best, like the one I used in the video… and they have awesome colours.

Eyeshadow
One of my favourites ever are the Lise Watier loose powder eyeshadows – you can use them as a loose powder or mix them with their Metamorphix and use it as a liquid eyeliner; it really intensifies the colour, too.

Thank you Vanja!

This entry was posted in Style and Beauty Tips and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted February 10, 2010 at 10:13 am | Permalink

That was a really great video – I’m always fascinated by make up! It was interesting to see it from start to finish and how she applied everything so easily – Beautiful results! On myself, I find the smokey eye frustrating because I have no ‘eye crease’ so I’m never sure where to put the dark shade.

2. Posted February 10, 2010 at 10:41 am | Permalink

I know, she makes it look so easy!
    Don’t know what to tell you about the “eye crease”. Maybe some readers will have a suggestion. Or even better, make a video for my blog :)

3. Posted February 10, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Permalink

Hey Dejana,
    I’m a beauty guru on youtube, and I would love to make a video for your blog!
    I’ve been reading since the beginning-ish of January and I love all your shopping tips :)
    My youtube channel can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/laurendouglas8
    Let me know if you would be interested in a video for your blog!
    Lauren

4. Posted February 10, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

getting smokey eyes right seems to me like a mystery. Maybe with this tutorial I finally make it :)
    *Nathalie

5. Roxana
    Posted February 10, 2010 at 7:27 pm | Permalink

Nice tutorial Vanja!
    I actually checked out a smoky eye tutorial on youtube a while ago, but the girl had 3 times more steps in how to do it, using numerous colors and brushes. Way too complicated :)

6. Shopaholic
    Posted February 10, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

Fabulous!

7. Vanja
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 2:10 am | Permalink

Thanks everyone ! :)

8. Posted February 13, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Permalink

This video has 405 youtube views so far, amazing!