My New Fluevog Oxford Shoes

There hasn’t been a menswear style that I wasn’t happy to adopt. From boyfriend blazers and vests, to jeans, watches and grandpa sweaters, I’ve got ‘em all. It was just a matter of time before I jumped on the Oxfords (brogues, wingtips…) bandwagon.

Jessica Alba, Emma Watson, Olivia Palermo,  Taylor Swift, Whitney Port

I bought my Oxfords from John Fluevog on Queen West.
(style: Connoisseurs Medici, Tan & Beige. Yup, men’s!)

I can tell you I got a lot of stares while wearing these yesterday.
One girl said she liked them, so I’ll just hope that’s what others were thinking as well :)

They definitely fall into my brave purchases category. I’m still trying to figure out other ways to wear them except with skinny jeans. Skirt is a def no-no, not digging Emma Watson’s look above.

green military jacket: RW & Co
peach t-shirt: Club Monaco
floral print scarf: Winners
leather belt: Tristan
skinny jeans: True Religion, Holt Renfrew
leather bag: Via Spiga, Winners
aviators: Ray-Ban
wingtips: John Fluevog

Let me know what you think, would you wear classic wingtip-shoes?

tomorrow: Street Style!

This entry was posted in Celebrity Style Steal, My Outfits and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Roxana
    Posted May 3, 2010 at 9:14 am | Permalink

I LOVE these! And who cares is they’re men’s, that’s where oxfords are inspired from aren’t they? :)
    I would say bf jeans and even your jean cut-offs with tights or short jean skirt (definitely not the lenght that Emma Watson is wearing)
    Congrats, I know how long you’ve been looking for the perfect pair!

2. Posted May 3, 2010 at 9:15 am | Permalink

You can easily wear them with short skirts and dresses. I always do. :)

3. Lynne Piil
    Posted May 3, 2010 at 9:50 am | Permalink

Love them!! The bag is the perfect way to tie the whole look together : )

4. sophia
    Posted May 3, 2010 at 10:01 am | Permalink

I like how you kept it feminine w/the floral scarf and peachy shirt. I would never be able to pull it off!Good for you!

5. Andy
    Posted May 3, 2010 at 11:46 am | Permalink

I just want to point out that the shoes you bought are longwings, not wingtips. If you look up photos of both, you’ll notice subtle differences.

Anyhow, I think they look great on you and would be fine with dresses and skirts. I’m a fan of ladies appropriating menswear in feminine ways.

Also you can get classic shoes on ebay for cheap. I just bought a retail $550 pair of Alden longwings for $95. They’re lightly used, but still have 20 years worth of use if shined and resoled occasionally.

• Posted May 3, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the longwing/wingtip tip :)

I don’t think I’ll ever dare to buy shoes online. With my “tricky” size (narrow 10/11) it’s really hard finding shoes that fit me properly :( Hence trying them on before buying is a must for me.

And thanks everyone for the style ideas, I’m looking forward to experimenting with shorts/tights and maybe even skirts!

6. Shopaholic
    Posted May 3, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

They go well with your outfit, but I’m not a big fan of men’s shoes!

• Posted May 3, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

I’ve been waiting for your comment, I knew you’d hate them, ms. Louboutin :)

7. Posted May 3, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Permalink

I love brogues!! Yours are really lovely, I wish my feet were long enough to try men’s!

8. Christine
    Posted May 3, 2010 at 11:50 pm | Permalink

Love the look, i like how to make everything seems so effortless, you have a great sense of style Dejana. Keep looking sexy and bring us fans amazing fashion updates.

9. Posted May 4, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Permalink

seriously you can wear them with anything! i have two pairs of brogues (one vintage brown leather, one beige patent leather from Joe Fresh) and i have to stop myself from wearing them five days a week! try with a shirt dress to get out of the “only wearing with jeans” vibe…

• Posted May 4, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Permalink

Speaking of shirt dresses, I was just thinking of pairing them up with a denim one earlier today!

10. Posted September 21, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

I’m a little late to this discussion (re: way late) but I just discovered your blog via the twitter. I love the shoes!

• Posted September 21, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

Thanks Nathan, hope to see you back soon!

11. Johnz
    Posted February 28, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Permalink

Very Cute!! Oxfords look so stylish and Unique! Only thing i’d critique is.. Why are you wearing socks with them!!!! LoL

12. Avenger
    Posted June 30, 2012 at 10:24 pm | Permalink

Hope you are still wearing the oxfords and bought many more many of my friends love them and a few hate them but i find them sexy of women

13. naomie
    Posted August 29, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

Really cute blog!

One Trackback

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Dejana Bajic. Dejana Bajic said: blog: My New @Fluevog Oxford Shoes http://bit.ly/9SBILO [...]